Overview of this sheet music:
- Canon in D (in the key of C)
- Other known titles: "Canon," "Pachelbel Canon," "Pachelbel's Canon," "Canon by Pachelbel," & "Christmas Canon"
- Composed by Johann Pachelbel
- Level 2: very easy level (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Hand position tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Pedal markings: Specifically marked
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00354
About "Canon in D" by Pachelbel:
"Canon in D" is probably the most famous and popular music work that the German composer, Johann Pachelbel (1653 – 1706) from the baroque era wrote. Initially, he wrote it for a small string ensemble. Since the 1960's the arrangement of "Canon in D" for a chamber orchestra has been commonly heard and used. "Canon in D" has been very popular on several occasions such as Christmas and wedding. It is called "Canon in D" or "Canon in D Major" because he wrote it in the key of D Major.
Tips for playing Level 2 "Canon in D"
This arrangement of Level 2 "Canon in D" is for piano solo. This arrangement is written in the key of C major to accommodate Level 2 (very easy) players. The key of C major is only one whole step lower than the original key, D major that Pachelbel wrote in.
Even though this is a Level 2 (very easy) arrangement, there are 3 pages of music and a lot of notes all the way through. We provided fingering numbers on all the notes. The good news is that you can stay in one hand position for the entire song and that there is no black key. Please refer to the hand-position tutorial page after you download it. We also provided specific damper pedal markings. Unlike Level 1 "Canon in D," this Level 2 arrangement plays both melody and the harmonic notes at the same time. Therefore, a lot more coordination between right-hand & left-hand is required than Level 1 "Canon in D." Please refer the free complete audio sample on this page to get a feel for it before purchasing. After purchasing it, you can continue listening to the audio sample to check if you are playing the correct notes, harmonies, and the rhythms.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Johann Pachelbel who composed "Canon in D," please visit our page, "About Johann Pachelbel."
- We also recommend these are other flowing songs like "Canon in D."