Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Minuet in G Major"
- Composer: Christian Petzold
- From Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach
- Level 1: beginners (See other levels of this song)
- 1 page of music
- Cover sheet
- Hand positions & tutorial page
- Key (for this arrangement): G major - original
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Original form edited by Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00301
About "Minuet in G Major":
"Minuet in G Major" is probably one of the most famous Minuet pieces for piano and other keyboard instruments. It was composed by a German composer, Christian Petzold (1677 – 1733). It was thought to be composed by Johann Sebastian Bach for a long time until 1970. However, now we know that the work was created by Petzold. "Minuet in G Major" is one of the pieces in the collection called "Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach," which consists of many pieces presented by several different composers to J. S. Bach's 2nd wife, Anna Magdalena. There are only a few surviving works by Petzold left, and this one is one of few by him. The melody of this "Minuet in G Major" was used in the pop music "A Lover's Concerto," by the group The Toys, and many other medias such as films. To learn more about Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach where Minuet in G Major appears in, please visit our page, "About Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach."
Tips for playing Level 1 "Minuet in G Major":
This particular arrangement is for Level 1 (Beginners). And there are fingering numbers on all the notes. After you download it, please locate the hand position on the tutorial page. And you can stay in that position for the entire song. There are 2 F sharps; one with the right and the other with the left hand. When you see the sharp sign (#), please go to the black keys described on the tutorial page. You'll be playing only the melody notes without any other additional notes to create harmony. If you would like to challenge with additional harmonic notes without changing hand-position, please try Level 2 "Minuet in G Major."
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Christian Petzold who composed "Minuet in G Major," please visit our page, "About Christian Petzold."
- To find more piano sheet music of keyboard works, please visit our collection page, "Classical Piano & Keys" at multi-levels.
- To find more piano sheet music of Petzold's friend, J. S. Bach, please visit our collection page, "By J. S. Bach" at multi-levels.