Overview of this sheet music:
- "Theme from Polovtsian Dances" from the opera, Prince Igor
- Composed by Alexander Borodin
- Level 1: beginners
- 3 pages of music
- 1 page of hand position description
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website. No vocal recording included
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00471
About "Polovtsian Dances":
"Polovtsian Dances" is from the opera, Prince Igor, composed by a Russian composer, Alexander Borodin (1833 – 1887) from the romantic era. This arrangement is the theme that you keep hearing throughout the long "Polovtsian Dances." Prince Igor was originally written as an opera work. However, today sees beautiful Prince Igor ballet with gorgeous costumes as well.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Theme from Polovtsian Dances":
On this page, we are offering Level 1 (beginner's level) of "Theme from Polovtsian Dances" for piano solo. You'll be using 2 different hand-positions, the 1st one, then to the 2nd one and come back to the original position. After you download it, please locate those hand positions on the tutorial page. There are fingering numbers provided on every note. You'll be playing only melody notes (a single note at a time) for this level. There are 2 black keys that you do have to play in this arrangement. When you see a flat sign (b) on the left side of a note on the music score, please go to the nearby black key which is also pictured on the tutorial page. When you get to the 3rd line of the 3rd page, please move the hand-position to one octave higher position for both hands. And come back to the original position when you get to the 4th line of the 3rd page. The last note of the right-hand is high C. So, please stretch your pinky a little to reach it since it's not inside the hand-position you were using previously.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the opera Prince Igor and its composer, Alexander Borodin, please visit our pages, "About Prince Igor" and "About Alexander Borodin."
- To find more piano sheet music of pieces written by other Russian composers, please visit these collection pages, "By Pyotr Tchaikovsky" and "By Modest Mussorgsky."
- To find more piano solo sheet music of operatic pieces, please visit our collection page, "From Opera."
- To find more piano solo sheet music of other orchestral music, please visit our collection page, "From Orchestra."