Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Piano Concerto No. 1" - The 1st Movement by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 3: easy (See other levels of this music)
- 2 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): A minor - C major
- Fingerings: on a few notes when a hand-position changes
- Pedal markings: specifically marked
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00693
About Tchaikovsky's "Piano Concerto No. 1 - The First Movement":
"Piano Concerto No. 1" is one of the most famous piano concertos among all piano concertos that exist in the world. It was composed by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) from the romantic era. And the 1st movement is the most popular and familiar one to many people among the three movements of "Piano Concerto No. 1." It is a very dynamic piece.
Tips for playing Level 3 "Piano Concerto No. 1 - The First Movement":
This particular arrangement is at Level 3 (easy). And unlike Level 1 and Level 2, the hand positions will be moving around. The right-hand will be playing the melody line, and the left-hand will be playing most of the harmonies (chords). In this Level 3 arrangement, the chords are not jumping around between octaves the way a Concerto pianist plays in the original piece. If you would like to jump around like that, please try Level 4 "Piano Concerto No. 1." The damper (sustain) pedal markings are precisely indicated on the music score. By taking advantage of them, you can make this piece dynamic even though it is at Level 3. "Piano Concerto No. 1 - The 1st Movement" was originally written in the key of B flat minor - D flat major by Tchaikovsky. But to accommodate Level 3 players, this arrangement is written in the key of A minor - C major which is just one-half step lower than the original.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer of "Piano Concerto No. 1," Pyotr Tchaikovsky, please visit our page, "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- To find more piano sheet music of pieces by Tchaikovsky, please visit our collection page, "By Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- To find more piano sheet music of classical music, please visit our collection page, "Classical."
- To find more arrangements for piano solo sheet music of pieces written as orchestral works, please visit our page, "From Orchestra."