Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Air on the G String" - The 2nd Movement, Air
- Composer: J. S. Bach
- From Orchestral Suite No. 3
- Level 5: advanced
- 2 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): D major - original key by Bach
- Fingerings: None
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00771
More about "Air on the G String" by Bach:
The German composer, Johann Sebastian Bach from the baroque era (1685 – 1750) composed 4 orchestral suites. One of them is Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068 which has 5 movements. The 2nd movement of it is Air which uses only string instruments. More than 100 years later, the German composer, August Wilhelmj (1845 -1908) arranged the 2nd movement, Air by changing the original key of D major to the key of C major so that he can play it on his G-string violin. And he titled that version "Air on the G String." That title is now more popular than "The 2nd Movement, Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068."
Tips for playing Level 5 "Air on the G String":
This Level 5 arrangement of "Air on the G String" is at an advanced level. It's written in the original key of D major that Bach wrote (not August Wilhelmj). We should say it is an adaptation for piano solo more so than arrangement because it has 99% the same as the original exception of a few notes removed such as duplicated notes. The left hand basically plays the bass notes played by the contra-bass players. All other 3 string parts are played by the right hand. It is advanced because you do need to play 3 lines (voices) by one hand even though it sounds easy. Some notes are required to be held longer while the other finger needs to play shorter (faster) beats with the right hand alone frequently. Please refer to our free complete audio sample on the top of this page.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- Piano solo sheet music of pieces from the Baroque era at multi-levels:
- Music by J. S. Bach
- Canon in D by Pachelbel at multi-levels
- Minuet in G Major by Petzold at multi-levels
- Ave Maria by Schubert at multi-levels
- To learn more about the composer, J. S. Bach for "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," please visit our page, "About Johann Sebastian Bach."