This page contains a collection of piano solo sheet music downloads of "Air on the G String" by J. S. Bach from the baroque era, at multi-levels.
The German composer, Johann Sebastian Bach from the baroque era (1685 – 1750) composed 4 orchestral suites. One of them is Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068, which has 5 movements. The 2nd movement of it is this "Air," which uses only string instruments. More than 100 years later, the German composer August Wilhelmj (1845 -1908) arranged the 2nd movement, "Air", by changing the original key of D major to the key of C major so that he can play it on his G-string violin. And he titled that version "Air on the G String." That title is now more popular than "The 2nd Movement, Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068." To learn more about the story behind "Air on the G String," please visit our page, "About Air on the G String."
Currently, we have the arrangements for "Air on the G String" at Level 1 (for beginners), Level 2 (very easy), & Level 5 (advanced). Level 1 & 2 arrangements come with fingering numbers on the score and a separate hand-position tutorial page. Level 5 sheet music is an arrangement (adaptation) for piano solo from the original orchestral form. The web-page of each level has its own free complete audio sample for you to refer to before purchasing the sheet music. You can also take advantage of the recording after buying the sheet music to improve your playing skills on a particular level of arrangement. All the music sheets here were carefully created at Galaxy Music Notes for the highest quality.
You may also like:
- To learn more about "Air on the G String," please visit our page, "Story behind Air on the G String."
- To learn more about the composer of "Orchestral Suites," please visit our page, "Learn about J. S. Bach."
- Piano solo sheet music for "Air on the G String" at multi-levels
- Piano solo sheet music of music composed by J. S. Bach at multi-levels
- Piano solo sheet music of music from the Baroque era at multi-levels