Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Minuet in G Minor"
- Composer: Christian Petzold
- From Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach
- Level 2: very easy (See other levels of this music)
- 2 page of music
- Hand positions & tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): A minor
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Original form edited by Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00732
About "Minuet in G Minor":
"Minuet in G Minor" is probably the 2nd most famous minuet piece for piano and other keyboard instruments after "Minuet in G Major." "Minuet in G Minor" and "Minuet in G Major" were both composed by a German composer, Christian Petzold (1677 – 1733). It was thought to be composed by Johann Sebastian Bach for a long time until 1970. However, now we know that these works were created by Petzold. "Minuet in G Minor" and "Minuet in G Major" are in the collection called "Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach," which consists of many pieces presented by several different composers including J. S. Bach to Bach's 2nd wife, Anna Magdalena. There are only a few surviving works left, and this one "Minuet in G Minor" is one of few by the extraordinary composer, Petzold. To learn more about Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach where Minuet in G Minor appears in, please visit our page, "About Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach."
Tips for playing Level 2 "Minuet in G Minor":
This particular arrangement is for Level 2 (very easy). And there are fingering numbers on all the notes on the score. After you download it, please locate the hand position on the tutorial page. And you can stay in that position for the entire song. There are 3 sharps; 2 with the right hand and one with the left hand. When you see the sharp sign (#) on the note on the sheet music, please go to the black keys described on the tutorial page with your appropriate finger. You'll be playing melody notes and the harmonic notes at a time for this level. Therefore, it's a lot more challenging to coordinate your hands and fingers than Level 1 "Minuet in G Minor." Please refer the free audio sample on the top of this page to make sure if you are playing it correctly while practicing. "Minuet in G Minor" is originally written in the key of G minor. However, to accommodate Level 2 players, we arranged it in the key of A minor which is only one whole-step higher than G minor.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Christian Petzold who composed "Minuet in G Major," please visit our page, "About Christian Petzold."
- To find more piano sheet music of keyboard works, please visit our collection page, "Classical Piano & Keys" at multi-levels.
- To find more piano sheet music of Petzold's friend, J. S. Bach, please visit our collection page, "By J. S. Bach" at multi-levels.