Overview of this sheet music:
- "Chinese Dance" (also known as "Tea") from The Nutcracker by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 1: Beginner (See other levels of this song)
- 2 pages of music
- 1 page of hand positions & brief tutorial
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): F major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00061
About "Chinese Dance" from The Nutcracker
"Chinese Dance" (also called "Tea") is from the orchestral work for the ballet suite, The Nutcracker, written by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) from the romantic era. It sounds comical, and it is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Chinese Dance" form The Nutcracker
This particular arrangement is at Level 1 (Beginner's level). And it doesn't require any hand-position change at all for the entire piece. Also mostly you will be playing a single melody line without harmonic support. It means you'll be playing one note at a time. Please take a look at the hand-position tutorial page after you download it. There are 2 black keys you need to use, one with the right-hand and the other with the left-hand. When you see a sharp (#) sign or flat (b) sign on the music score, please go to the black keys described on the tutorial page. "Chinese Dance" was originally written in the key of B flat major by Tchaikovsky. However, to accommodate the beginners, this arrangement is written in the key of F major.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- These piano solo sheet music are also available: