Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Gymnopedies No. 1"
- Composer: Erik Satie
- Level 3: Easy (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): D major - Original key
- Fingering numbers: a few
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00142
About "Gymnopedies No. 1":
"Gymnopedies No. 1" is the 1st one of the three pieces from Gymnopedies by a French Composer, Erik Satie (1866 – 1925) from the minimalist era. The Gymnopedies is probably the most well-known work by Erik Satie. And No. 1 of it is also the most well famous piece among the three.
Tips for playing Level 3 "Gymnopedies No. 1"
This particular arrangement is at Level 3 (Easy), and it's in the key of D major which is the original key written by Satie. There are only a few suggested fingering numbers on the music score. There are a lot of tied notes. Try your best to hold those notes as long as they are supposed to be held. This arrangement is a lot easier than the original. But it sounds as good as the original. Even though it is at Level 3, you still have to move around quite a lot (especially, left hand). Follow the damper pedal signs provided precisely to make the piece flow well. Play slowly, gently and softly.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer of Gymnopedies, Erik Satie, please visit our page, "About Erik Satie."
- You may also like other flowing songs like "Gymnopedies." We recommend these piano sheet music: