Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Camptown Races"
- Music & Lyrics by Stephen Foster
- Level 1: Beginner (See other levels of this song.)
- 1 page of music
- Hand positions & brief tutorial page
- Lyrics page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): G major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website (No vocal recording included)
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00601
About "Camptown Races" by Stephen Foster
"Camptown Races" is an old folk song written by an American composer & lyricist, Stephen Foster (1826–1864). He wrote it when he was passing through Camptown, Pennsylvania of the U. S. A.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Camptown Races"
This is Level 1 (beginner's level) of "Camptown Races" for piano solo. However, you or someone else can sing along. The separate lyrics page is included in the PDF file.
To play Level 1 "Camptown Races," first, please find a hand position on the tutorial page after you download it. There are fingering numbers provided on every note on the music score. You'll be playing only melody line (singing line) for this level. There is no harmonic support, meaning there are no other notes for you to have to coordinate between right and left hands and between different fingers. And there is no black key that you need to play on this Level 1 "Camptown Races." If you would like to try the more challenging arrangement that plays both the melody and harmonies, not just the melody line, please try Level 2 "Camptown Races."
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about Stephen Foster who wrote "Camptown Races," please visit our page, "About Stephen Foster."
- To find more piano sheet music of songs by Stephen Foster, please visit our collection page, "By Stephen Foster."
- To find more piano sheet music for folk songs, please visit our collection page, "Folk Songs."