Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Brahms' Lullaby" or "Brahms' Wiegenlied"
- Composer: Johannes Brahms
- Level 2: very easy level (See other levels of this song.)
- 1 page of music
- Hand positions and brief tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): F major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website. No vocal recording
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00042
About "Brahms' Lullaby"
Brahms' Lullaby's real title is "Guten Abend, gute Nacht" ("Good evening, good night"), Op. 49, No. 4. It is also often called "Brahms' Wiegenlied." It was written by a German composer, Johannes Brahms (1833 – 1897) from the romantic era. It was originally written for voice and piano. However, there are many arrangements for different instrumentation including orchestral version to a single music box. The melody is well-known in the world.
Tips for playing Level 2 "Brahms' Lullaby"
Brahms wrote this song originally in the key of E flat major. However, to accommodate the level 2 players, we arranged it in the key of F major which is only one whole step higher than the original key. Please refer to the hand- position tutorial page after you download it. When you see the flat sign (b), please use your left-hand 2nd finger on B flat described on the tutorial page. Also, remember that the 2nd B in the same measure is also B flat even though it doesn't have a flat sign. On this level 2 "Brahms' Lullaby," you will be playing both its melody line and the harmonic notes. That means it requires a lot more coordination between right-hand and left-hand and between different fingers than Level 1 "Brahms' Lullaby." This song is a lullaby. So, please play slowly (Adagio) and gently, not so loud.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Johannes Brahms who wrote this "Brahms' Lullaby," please visit our page, "About Johannes Brahms."
- To find more piano solo sheet music for other classical music, please visit our collection page, "Classical"at multi-levels.
- To learn about 6 classical lullabies that we've chosen including Brahms' Lullaby, please visit our page, "6 Classical Lullabies."