Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Theme from Polovtsian Dances" from the opera, Prince Igor
- Composed by Alexander Borodin
- Level 2: very easy
- 3 pages of music
- 1 page of hand position description
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website. No vocal recording included
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00472
About "Polovtsian Dances":
"Polovtsian Dances" is from the opera, Prince Igor, composed by a Russian composer, Alexander Borodin (1833 – 1887) from the romantic era. This arrangement is the theme that you keep hearing throughout the long "Polovtsian Dances." Prince Igor was originally written as an opera work. However, today sees beautiful Prince Igor ballet with gorgeous costumes as well.
Tips for playing Level 2 "Theme from Polovtsian Dances":
On this page, we are offering, Level 2 (very easy) "Theme from Polovtsian Dances" for piano solo. There are 4 times you do have to change hand-positions in this arrangement, the 1st position, then to the 2nd position, then come back to the 1st position, then go up an octave higher and come back an octave lower. After you download it, please locate the 1st and 2nd hand-positions on the tutorial page. There are fingering numbers provided on every note on the music score. And there are 2 black keys that you have to play. When you see a flat sign (b) on the left side of a note, please go to the nearby black key which is also pictured on the tutorial page. You'll be playing the melody notes and harmonic notes. Therefore, it requires a lot more coordination with right and left hands and different fingers than Level 1 "Polovtsian Dances." If this Level 2 is too difficult for you, please try Level 1 arrangement that plays only melody notes, first.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the opera Prince Igor and its composer, Alexander Borodin, please visit our pages, "About Prince Igor" and "About Alexander Borodin."
- To find more piano sheet music of pieces written by other Russian composers, please visit these collection pages, "By Pyotr Tchaikovsky" and "By Modest Mussorgsky."
- To find more piano solo sheet music of operatic pieces, please visit our collection page, "From Opera."
- To find more piano solo sheet music of other orchestral music, please visit our collection page, "From Orchestra."