Overview of this sheet music:
- "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from The Nutcracker by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 2: Very easy level (See other levels of this song)
- 1 page of music
- Hand positions & brief tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): A minor
- Fingerings: on all the notes except on the repeated patterns
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00082
About "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from The Nutcracker
"Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" is from the orchestral work for the famous ballet suite, The Nutcracker, written by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) from the romantic era. It is a quiet piece with a lot of sound of high pitch bells. It is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 2 "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"
This particular arrangement is at a very easy level (Level 2). And it doesn't require any hand-position change at all for the entire piece. Please take a look at the hand-position page after you download it. And when you start practicing it, pay attention to 3 black keys you do have to use with the left hand when you see the sharp sign (#) on the music score. Those 3 black keys are described on the tutorial page. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy was written originally in the key of E minor by Tchaikovsky. However, this arrangement is written in the key of A minor to accommodate piano players at a very easy level (Level 2).
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- You may also like piano sheet music: