Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin
- Level 1: beginners' level (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Page of hand position & brief tutorial
- Cover sheet
- Style: ragtime
- Key (for this arrangement): C major - original key
- Fingerings: on all notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Music editor/arranger: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00441
About "The Entertainer":
"The Entertainer" is not only the most famous song written by an American ragtime composer, Scott Joplin (1867 - 1917) among all of his compositions but also among all the ragtime music of all times. It also appears in a famous western movie, "The Sting" which Robert Redford and Paul Newman acted in.
Tips for playing Level 1 "The Entertainer":
This particular sheet music is arranged for beginners (Level 1). You only use one hand position for the entire piece. After you download it, please locate the hand position on the tutorial page. The fingering numbers are provided on all notes on the music score. Please remember that sharp (#) and flat (b) signs are located on the left side of a note, not on the right side. When you see a sharp or flat sign, please go to the black keys nearby. They are also pictured on the tutorial page as well. In this arrangement, both clefs are written in the treble clef. And you will be playing only the melody notes in this level without any other additional harmonic notes. If you would like a little more challenging arrangement, please try Level 2 "The Entertainer" which has other additional harmonic notes.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Scott Joplin who wrote "The Entertainer," please visit our page, "About Scott Joplin."
- To find more piano sheet music for other ragtime songs, please visit our collection page, "Ragtime."
- This Scott Joplin's composition, "The Entertainer," appears in the film, The Sting (1973 Academy Award)