Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "The Entertainer"
- Composer: Scott Joplin
- Level 3: easy (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Style: ragtime
- Key (for this arrangement): C major - original key
- Fingerings: None
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00443
About "The Entertainer":
"The Entertainer" is not only the most famous song written by an American ragtime composer, Scott Joplin (1867 - 1917) among all of his compositions but also among all the ragtime music of all times. It also appears in a famous western movie, "The Sting" which Robert Redford and Paul Newman acted in.
Tips for playing Level 3 "The Entertainer":
This particular arrangement of "The Entertainer" is a lot easier than the original form. It is still challenging and fun! Please listen to our free complete audio sample to get the idea. The left-hand stays in the bass C position area most of the time and plays the bass notes and chords. Then, you can focus more on the right-hand movement that plays the melody notes. The fingering numbers are not provided at all for this level of "The Entertainer." To make the left-hand accompaniment light and bouncy, please pay attention to staccato signs and try crispy staccato.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Scott Joplin who wrote "The Entertainer," please visit our page, "About Scott Joplin."
- To find more piano sheet music for other ragtime songs, please visit our collection page, "Ragtime."
- This Scott Joplin's composition, "The Entertainer," appears in the film, The Sting (1973 Academy Award)