Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Chinese Dance" (also known as "Tea")
- From The Nutcracker
- Composer: Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 3: Easy level (See other levels of this song)
- 2 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on some important notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00062
About "Chinese Dance" from The Nutcracker
"Chinese Dance" (also called "Tea") is from the orchestral work for the ballet suite, The Nutcracker, written by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) from the romantic era. It sounds comical, and it is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 3 "Chinese Dance" from The Nutcracker
This particular arrangement is at an easy level (Level 3). "Chinese Dance" was originally written in the key of B flat major by Tchaikovsky. However, to accommodate piano players at Level 3 (easy level), this arrangement is written in the key of C major which is only one whole step up from the original. The left-hand stays in one position which is C 5-finger position for the entire piece. And there are no fingering numbers for the left-hand. The right-hand moves around a little and doesn't stay in one closed position. Therefore, there are a few suggested fingering numbers on the music score for the right hand's notes. There are a lot of staccato notes for the right-hand. Making them very crisp sounding will be very suitable for this piece.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- These piano solo sheet music are also available: