Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "The Great Gate of Kiev"
- From Pictures at an Exhibition
- Composer: Modest Mussorgsky
- Level 2: Very easy level
- 2 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Hand position tutorial page
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00452
About "The Great Gate of Kiev":
"The Great Gate of Kiev" is from Pictures at an Exhibition which is a suite of 10 pieces composed originally for piano. It was written by a Russian composer, Modest Mussorgsky (1839 – 1881) from the romantic era. "The Great Gate of Kiev" is the last movement. Even though "Pictures at an Exhibition" was written for the piano, it is also well-known for various instrumentations arranged by different arrangers. Mussorgsky wrote these pieces for paintings that his friend, Viktor Hartmann made.
Tips for playing Level 2 "The Great Gate of Kiev":
This particular arrangement on this page is at a very easy level (Level 2) in the easiest key which is the key of C major. And there is no black key in this arrangement. You can stay in one hand-position for the entire piece. After you download it, please locate the hand-position on the tutorial page. The fingering numbers are provided on every note. You'll be playing both melody notes and harmonic notes at the same time. Therefore, it requires a lot more coordination with right and left hands and different fingers than Level 1 "The Great Gate of Kiev." It is a slow and powerful piece. So, do not rush.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about Pictures at an Exhibition, and its composer, Modest Mussorgsky, please visit our pages, "About Pictures at an Exhibition" and "About Modest Mussorgsky."
- To find more piano sheet music of pieces written by other Russian composers, please visit our collection pages below: