Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "The Swan"
- From The Carnival of the Animals
- Composer: Camille Saint-Saëns
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Level 2: very easy
- 2 pages of music
- Hand-position tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: all notes
- Pedal markings: No pedal necessary for this arrangement
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on this page.
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00721
About "The Swan" from The Carnival of the Animals:
"The Swan" is from The Carnival of the Animals composed by a French composer, Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) from the romantic era. He composed it for a small ensemble setting. There are 14 movements in it and "The Swan" is the 13th one. He describes many different animals in this music such as elephant, lion, hens, roosters, kangaroo, cuckoo, tortoises, donkey, etc. The Carnival of the Animals is one of the most well-known work by Saint-Saëns. And "The Swan" is probably the most played among all the movements. It is commonly played by a cello and an accompanying piano. To learn more about The Carnival of the Animals, please visit our page, "About The Carnival of the Animals."
Tips for playing Level 2 "The Swan":
This sheet music we provide here on this page is an arrangement for "The Swan" for piano solo. It is at Level 2 (very easy). You will be playing the melody notes (originally played by cello) and the additional harmonic notes (originally the notes accompanied by piano). Therefore, it requires a lot more hand and finger coordination than Level 1 arrangement. The fingering numbers are provided on every note. Please take advantage of the fingering numbers. The damper pedal is not necessary for this piece/arrangement. Although this is at Level 2 (very easy), it is quite challenging. However, you get to stay in one hand position for the entire piece. It is challenging for Level 2 players because there are a lot of black keys you need to press with your thumbs. After you download it, please locate the hand-position on the tutorial page. When you see a sharp (#) or flat (b) sign on the music score, please go to the black keys indicated on the tutorial page. It is important to remember that the 2nd note of the note with a sharp or flat in the same measure will also be sharped or flatted even though you don't see the sign in the measure anymore. Please listen to our free complete audio sample to find out if you are playing it correctly when you practice.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Saint-Saëns who composed "The Swan," please visit our page, "About Camile Saint-Saens."
- To read and learn about "The Carnival of the Animals," please visit our page, "Story Behind The Carnival of the Animals."
- You may also like piano solo arrangements for pieces originally written for ensembles or orchestra. For those, please visit our collection page, "From Orchestra."