Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Chinese Dance" (also known as "Tea")
- From The Nutcracker
- Composer: Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 6: Expert, Very advanced (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Fingerings: a few of them provided.
- Key (for this arrangement): B flat major (original key)
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00064
About "Chinese Dance" from The Nutcracker
"Chinese Dance" (also called "Tea") is from the orchestral work for the ballet suite, The Nutcracker, written by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) from the romantic era. It sounds comical, and it is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 6 "Chinese Dance" from The Nutcracker
This particular arrangement is at an expert (or very advanced) level - Level 6. The range you have to travel on the keys is quite wide for the right hand. Sitting on the piano bench slightly the left from the center would be helpful for the right- hand to move around especially when the right-hand needs to go the lower range. The left-hand part is repetitive. However, it's a unique pattern. Therefore, coordinating the right-hand and left-hand will be challenging. The key to this arrangement is in B flat major which is the original key. Only a few fingerings are suggested on the sheet music. The sustain (damper pedal) is not necessary for this arrangement. A very fun piece to play. For both the right-hand part and left-hand part, when you see the staccato notes, making them very crisp sound will make this piece sound very nice.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- These piano solo sheet music are also available: