Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Air on the G String": The 2nd Movement (Air)
- From Orchestral Suite No. 3 BWV. 1068
- Composer: J. S. Bach
- Level 2: very easy (See other levels of this music)
- 2 pages of music
- Hand-position tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: All the notes except repeated notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00772
More about "Air on the G String" by Bach:
The German composer, Johann Sebastian Bach from the baroque era (1685 – 1750) composed 4 orchestral suites. One of them is Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068 which has 5 movements. The 2nd movement of it is Air which uses only string instruments. More than 100 years later, the German composer, August Wilhelmj (1845 -1908) arranged the 2nd movement, Air by changing the original key of D major to the key of C major so that he can play it on his G-string violin. And he titled that version "Air on the G String." That title is now more popular than "The 2nd Movement, Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068." To learn more about the story behind "Air on the G String," please visit our page, "About Air on the G String."
Tips for playing Level 2 "Air on the G String":
This Level 2 arrangement of "Air on the G String" is at a "very-easy" level. It's written in the key of C major. Please refer to our free complete audio sample on the top of this page.
- You can stay on one hand position for the entire piece. Please refer to the tutorial page after purchasing.
- When you see a sharp (#) or flat (b) sing on the note in the music, please use the black key with the suggested finger number. Those black keys are described in the picture on the tutorial page.
- The sharp and flat signs are always left side (in front) of a note in the score.
- Remember that if you run into the same note as a previously flatted or sharped note in a given measure, they are also still flatted or sharped even though you don’t see a flat or sharp sign.
- This music has “the 1st and 2nd endings” on the 1st page. Please repeat from the beginning after you reach the repeat sign. The 2nd time around, skip the 1st-ending measure and go straight to the 2nd ending.
- The repeated notes have no finger numbers.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- Piano solo sheet music of pieces from the Baroque era at multi-levels:
- Music by J. S. Bach at multi-levels
- Canon in D by Pachelbel at multi-levels
- Minuet in G Major by Petzold at multi-levels
- Ave Maria by Schubert at multi-levels
- To learn more about the composer, J. S. Bach for "Air on the G String," please visit our page, "About Johann Sebastian Bach."