Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from The Nutcracker by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 1: Beginner (See other levels of this song)
- 1 page of music
- Hand positions & brief tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): A minor
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00081
About "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from The Nutcracker
"Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" is from the orchestral work for the famous ballet suite, The Nutcracker, written by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893) from the romantic era. It is a quiet piece with a lot of sound of high pitch bells. It is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Dance of Sugar Plum Fairy"
This arrangement for "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" is at Level 1 (Beginner's level). And it doesn't require any hand-position change at all for the entire piece. Please take a look at the hand-position tutorial page to locate the hand-position after you download it. And players are playing an only single note at a time without other notes for harmonic support. Also, when you start practicing it, pay attention to 2 black keys (sharps #) that you need to play with the left hand. "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" was written originally in the key of E minor by Tchaikovsky. However, this arrangement is written in the key of A minor to accommodate entry-level piano players. Do not play too loud. And make all the staccato notes light and crispy like little bells that you hear when you hear the orchestral version of "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy."
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- You may also like piano sheet music: