About this sheet music and what it includes:
- "Gymnopedies No. 1" by Erik Satie
- Level 2: Very easy (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Hand position tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingering numbers: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00141
More about this Level 2 "Gymnopedies No. 1":
"Gymnopedies No. 1" is the 1st one of the three pieces from Gymnopedies by a French Composer, Erik Satie (1866 – 1925) from the minimalist era. Gymnopedies is probably the most well-known work by Erik Satie. And No. 1 of it is also the most well famous piece among the three.
This particular arrangement is at Level 2 (very easy), and it's in the key of C major to accommodate beginners. The original written by Satie is in the key of D major which is only one whole step higher than this arrangement. There are fingering numbers on all the notes on the music core. Please refer to the hand-position tutorial page after you download it. And locate the hand position that doesn't change at all throughout the piece. Please follow the damper pedal markings that are provided precisely to make the piece flow well. There are a lot of tied notes. Try your best to hold those notes as long as they are supposed to be held. This arrangement is a lot easier than the original and Level 3 arrangement. But it sounds as good as the original. Play slowly, gently, and softly throughout.
To learn more about the composer of Gymnopedies, Erik Satie, please visit our page, "About Erik Satie."
If you like Gymnopedies, you may also like "Clair de Lune." Please check our collection page, "Clair de Lune: Multi-levels."
You may also like other flowing songs like "Gymnopedies." We recommend these piano sheet music:
- Canon in D at multi-levels
- Moonlight Sonata at multi-levels
- Clair de Lune by Debussy at multi-levels
- Fur Elise by Beethoven at multi-levels
- Liebestraum by Liszt at multi-levels
- Prelude in C Major by Bach
- Prelude in E Minor by Chopin
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive the file via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.