Overview of this sheet music:
- "Gymnopedies No. 1" by Erik Satie
- Level 5: Advanced - Original form (See other levels of this song)
- 2 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): D major - Original key
- Fingering numbers: only a few
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00143
More about this Level 5 "Gymnopedies No. 1":
"Gymnopedies No. 1" is the 1st one of the three pieces from Gymnopedies by a French Composer, Erik Satie (1866 – 1925) from the minimalist era. Gymnopedies is probably the most well-known work by Erik Satie. And No. 1 of it is also the most well famous piece among the three.
This Level 5 (advanced) "Gymnopedies No. 1" is actually in the original form and in the original key which is D Major. There are only a few suggested fingering numbers on the music score. It is not as easy as it looks. Your left hand has to jump around quite a lot. There are a lot of tied notes in this piece. Please hold the tied notes as long as they are supposed to be held. Follow the damper pedal signs provided precisely to make the piece flow well.
There are a lot of editions of this composition out there in the world. But it's hard to find the ones that are clear and easy to read and understand. We created an edition that is very clear, easy to read and to understand what to do.
To learn more about the composer of Gymnopedies, Erik Satie, please visit our page, "About Erik Satie."
If you like Gymnopedies, you may also like "Clair de Lune." Please check our collection page, "Clair de Lune: Multi-levels."
You may also like other flowing songs like "Gymnopedies." We recommend these piano sheet music:
- Canon in D at multi-levels
- Moonlight Sonata at multi-levels
- Clair de Lune by Debussy at multi-levels
- Fur Elise by Beethoven at multi-levels
- Liebestraum by Liszt at multi-levels
- Prelude in C Major by Bach
- Prelude in E Minor by Chopin
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.