Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "In the Hall of the Mountain King"
- From Peer Gynt Suite
- Composer: Edvard Grieg
- Level 4: intermediate (See other levels of this song)
- 4 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): A minor
- Fingerings: None
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00173
About "In the Hall of the Mountain King":
"In the Hall of the Mountain King" from the play, Peer Gynt is an orchestral work written by a Norwegian composer, Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907) from the romantic era. Peer Gynt is probably the best-known work by Grieg. And "In the Hall of the Mountain King" is one of two most famous pieces along with "Morning" from Peer Gynt.
Tips for playing Level 4 "In the Hall of the Mountain King":
This particular arrangement is at an intermediate level (Level 4). Grieg wrote this piece in the key of B minor. However, this arrangement is written in the key of A minor to accommodate intermediate piano players. You'll be playing the melody with the right hand and the bass line with the left hand. The left-hand doesn't move too much and mostly using your thumb and pinky. The right-hand melody has several sharps (#) and flats (b). So, please pay attention to those. Even though this is the Level 4 arrangement, it's a lot more challenging than Level 3, and there is no tutorial page for this level. However, It's a very entertaining arrangement, and it sounds more like the orchestral version. Enjoy!!
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the play, Peer Gynt and its composer, Grieg, please visit our pages, "About Peer Gynt" and "About Edvard Grieg."
- To find more piano sheet music for pieces written as orchestral pieces, please visit our collection page, "From orchestra."