Overview of this sheet music:
- "Jupiter Theme" from The Planets by Gustav Holst
- Level 2: very easy level (See other levels of this song)
- 2 pages of music
- Hand position & brief tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Fingering: on all the notes
- Key (for this arrangement): C Major
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00222
About "Jupiter" from The Planets:
"Jupiter" is one of seven movements from the orchestral suite, The Planets composed by an English composer, Gustav Holst (1874 - 1934). He wrote this suite for each planet (Jupiter, Mars, Neptune, Venus, Saturn, Uranus, and Mercury). "Jupiter" is the most popular piece from The Planets. And The Planets suite is the best-known work by Holst among all the compositions he wrote. He was interested in the solar system and its Greek astrological characteristic of each planet.
Tips for playing Level 2 "Jupiter":
This Level 2 "Jupiter Theme" plays a part of the complete "Jupiter." The popular theme melody happens in the middle of the complete "Jupiter." If you are interested in finding out how Level 6 "Jupiter" (complete version) sounds like, please visit Jupiter at Level 6. This Level 2 "Jupiter Theme" is in the key of C major to accommodate piano players at Level 2 (very easy) even though the original key for the theme section in "Jupiter" is in the key of E flat written by Holst. After you download it, please take a look at the hand-position tutorial page to locate the starting hand position. Each time you see star signs on the music score, please move your hand-position to the next appropriate hand-position. The fingering numbers are provided on every note. You'll be playing both the melody notes and harmonic notes at the same time by coordinating right and left hands and different fingers.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about The Planets and Gustav Holst, please visit our pages, "About The Planets" and "About Gustav Holst."
- To find more piano solo sheet music arranged from orchestral pieces, please visit our collection page, "From Orchestra."
- You may also like piano solo sheet music for "Venus" and "Mars" from The Planets at Level 6 (expert, very advanced).