Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "La Cinquantaine" (also known as "The Golden Marriage" or "The Golden Wedding)
- Composer: Jean Gabriel-Marie
- Level 1: beginners (See other levels of this song)
- 2 pages of music
- Hand position tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): A minor
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00231
About the music, "La Cinquantaine":
"La Cinquantaine" was composed by French composer, Jean Gabriel-Marie (1852 - 1928) from the romantic era. This composition is also known as "The Golden Wedding" or "The Golden Marriage." It means the 50th wedding anniversary. "La Cinquantaine" is the best-known work by Jean Gabriel-Marie. Commonly it's played by cello and piano. It has a gipsy-folk sound to it even though Jean Gabriel-Marie is a French composer from the romantic era.
Tips for playing Level 1 "La Cinquantaine":
This Level 1 (Beginner level) "La Cinquantaine" is arranged for piano solo even though Jean Gabriel-Marie wrote it for a string and piano. After you download this arrangement, please take a look at the hand-position tutorial page to locate the hand-position. You can stay in the same one position for the entire piece. There are fingering numbers provided on every note for beginners. You'll be playing only the melody notes for this level. There are no harmonic notes, meaning there are no other notes for you to have to coordinate with the right and left hand at the same time. However, if this level is too easy for you, please try Level 2 "La Cinquantaine" which has additional notes for harmonies. If you didn't understand the rhythm of this Level 1 "La Cinquantaine," please refer to the free complete audio sample on the top of this page.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Jean Gabriel-Marie who composed "La Cinquantaine," please visit our page, "About Jean Gabriel-Marie."
- To find more piano solo sheet music for other classical pieces, please visit our collection page, "Classical" at multi-levels.