Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Maple Leaf Rag"
- Composer: Scott Joplin
- Level 1: beginner's level (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Hand-position tutorial page
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00272
About the ragtime piece, "Maple Leaf Rag":
"Maple Leaf Rag" is a piano solo piece that was written by the most well-known American ragtime composer, Scott Joplin (1867/68 - 1917). "Maple Leaf Rag" is one of the most popular pieces by him next to The Entertainer.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Maple Leaf Rag":
This arrangement of "Maple Leaf Rag" is arranged for beginners (Level 1). You can stay in 1 position for the entire song. However, there are 4 black keys that you need to use. After you download it, please refer to the hand-position tutorial page to find out the hand position and the black keys. There are flat, sharp and natural signs on the music score which may be a bit advanced for Level 1 players. Although it's a little advanced for Level 1, you only need to play the melody notes. That means there are no other notes to create harmonies except the last notes with both right-hand and left-hand at the same time. The fingering numbers are provided on all the notes. So, please take advantage of them. When you start practicing, please notice that both hands are written in the treble clef. There is 2 sections (2 measures each) where you can use a damper (sustain) pedal. It looks like a bracket sign laying down below the left-hand part.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about Scott Joplin who composed "Maple Leaf Rag," please visit our page, "About Scott Joplin."
- To find more piano sheet music in ragtime style, please visit our collection page, "Ragtime."