Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "O Holy Night"
- Music composer: Adolphe Charles Adam
- Lyricist: Placide Cappeau
- Level 4: intermediate (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Lyrics page (English version)
- Fingerings: on the notes where hand-positions change with the right hand
- Key (for this arrangement): C Major
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website. (No vocal recording)
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00334
About the song, "O Holy Night":
"O Holy Night" is a famous Christmas carol. The music was composed by a French composer, Adolphe Adam in 1847 to the French poem written by a French poet, Placide Cappeau. It's been sung in many languages translated from French. To learn more about this Christmas carol, please visit our page, "About O Holy Night."
Tips for playing Level 4 "O Holy Night":
In this Level 4 arrangement (intermediate level), you'll be playing the melody line with your right hand and the accompaniment harmony (chords) with your left hand. There are 3 types of accompaniment styles with the left hand; broken chords, waltz pattern, and octave arpeggio. For the waltz pattern, make sure not to hit the staccato notes too strongly. The fingerings with the right hand are provided where hand-positions change. It's best to use the damper (sustain) pedal throughout. However, we didn't specify the pedal markings. Usually, replacing the pedaling once each measure works. Please experiment. Be aware of the 1st and 2nd endings. This Level 4 "O Holy Night" is written for piano solo. However, you or someone else can sing along. The separate lyrics page is included in the PDF file. We are using the most famous John Sullivan Dwight's English version.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To find more piano sheet music for Christmas and Holiday songs, please visit our collection page, "Christmas" at multi-levels.