Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "O Tannenbaum" (also known as "O Christmas Tree")
- Level 2: Very easy (See other levels of this song)
- 1 pages of music
- Hand-position tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Fingerings: on all notes except some repeated notes
- Key (for this arrangement): D major
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS000783
About "O Tannenbaum"
"O Tannenbaum" was originally an old German folk song. It sang about a faithful fir tree compared to a faithless lover. But it became very popular in the 20th century as a Christmas carol all over the world. The lyrics were written by a German organist, poet, and composer Ernst Anschütz in 1824 based on the folk melody composed by a German composer Melchior Franck (1579 - 1639) from the late Renaissance and early Baroque eras.
Tips for playing Level 1 "O Tannenbaum"
- This arrangement allows you to stay in one hand-position for the entire song.
- Please see the hand-position tutorial page and find the hand position.
- When you see a sharp (#) on the note in the sheet music, please use the black keys indicated on the tutorial page with finger number 2. In this song, both hands use only finger number 2, which is pointer fingers.
- You will be playing both the melody line and additional harmonic notes. Therefore, it requires a lot of coordination between right-hand and left-hand.
- This PDF doesn't include a lyrics page because there are so many versions of lyrics. If you want to do a sing-along, please find your preferred lyrics version.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.