Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "O Tannenbaum" (also known as "O Christmas Tree")
- Level 6: Expert, Very advanced (See other levels of this song)
- 2 pages of music
- Cover sheet
- Fingerings: no fingering provided.
- Key (for this arrangement): F major
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS000781
About "O Tannenbaum"
"O Tannenbaum" was originally an old German folk song. It sang about a faithful fir tree compared to a faithless lover. But it became very popular in the 20th century as a Christmas carol all over the world. The lyrics were written by a German organist, poet, and composer Ernst Anschütz in 1824 based on the folk melody composed by a German composer Melchior Franck (1579 - 1639) from the late Renaissance and early Baroque eras.
Tips for playing Level 6 "O Tannenbaum"
- This particular arrangement is at Level 6 (expert, pro, very advanced). This arrangement is in the jazz ballad style. And even though it's slow and it may sound easy in the recording, it requires a lot of advanced skills.
- The left-hand needs to extend wide intervals. There are a lot of 9th-intervals. If you are not able to reach 9th, please arpeggiate them. The right-hand part has a lot of layered voices (lines).
- It is best to hold on to each layered voice for the appropriate length indicated on the score.
- We didn't provide specific damper (sustain) pedal markings. It's because depending on how big or small hands yours is, you may use the damper pedal differently. Please experiment with different damper pedal usages and come up with the best way to use it for your playing.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.