Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Someone to Watch Over Me"
- From the musical, Oh, Kay!
- Composer: George Gershwin
- Level 1: Beginners' level
- 2 pages of music
- Page of hand position and brief tutorial
- Cover sheet
- Style: musical, jazz
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Music editor/arranger: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00811
About "Someone to Watch Over Me":
"Someone to Watch Over Me" was created for the Broadway musical, Oh, Kay! in 1926. The music was composed by George Gershwin, and the lyrics were written by George's brother, Ira Gershwin. Even though Oh, Kay! is not one of the best-known musicals, "Someone to Watch Over Me" became a very popular song, especially among jazz musicians.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Someone to Watch Over Me":
This particular sheet music is arranged for Level 1 (beginners) players. It plays the melody notes of the theme song. You can play the entire song without moving the hand position. After you download it, please locate the hand position on the tutorial page. Be aware that there is one black key you need to play on the second page which is G sharp (#). Fingering numbers are provided on all notes on the music score. Please note that this arrangement of "Someone to Watch Over Me" doesn't have the introduction section of the song before the theme starts since it contains the theme melody.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will download a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about George Gershwin who composed "Someone to Watch Over Me," please visit our page, "George Gershwin."