Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- Music composer: Daniel Butterfield
- Lyricist: Horace Lorenzo Trim version
- Level 1: beginners (See other levels of this song)
- 1 page of music
- Hand positions and brief tutorial page
- Lyrics page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website. No vocal recording included
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS000651
"Taps" is a bugle call created by Daniel Butterfield that are often used for American soldier's funerals and other activities such as boy and girl scouts. Usually, it's played by a solo trumpeter. To learn more about this bugle call, please visit our page, "About the bugle call 'Taps'."
It is not necessarily a song. And therefore, usually, it doesn't come with lyrics. However since Horace Lorenzo Trim wrote lyrics to it, we included a lyrics page of his version in the PDF file.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Taps":
This arrangement on this page is at Level 1 (Beginner level) for piano. There are fingering numbers provided on every note. You'll be playing only melody notes for this level which is the way the solo trumpet player would play "Taps." There is no black key that you need to play. It is quite short and simple. As you usually hear this bugle call, please make sure to play it slowly. Usually, you hear this song in the key of B flat major. However, we changed the key to C major for beginners to be able to move their fingers easily on white keys only. You can stay in one hand-position for the entire song. After you download it, please locate the hand-position on the tutorial page.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- Piano sheet music available on our site:
- Folk Songs at multi-levels
- Songs for events at multi-levels