Overview of this sheet music:
- "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin
- Level 2: very easy (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Page of hand position & brief tutorial
- Cover sheet
- Style: ragtime
- Key (for this arrangement): C major - original key
- Fingerings: on all notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Music editor/arranger: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00445
About "The Entertainer":
"The Entertainer" is not only the most famous song written by an American ragtime composer, Scott Joplin (1867 - 1917) among all of his compositions but also among all the ragtime music of all times. It also appears in a famous western movie, "The Sting" which Robert Redford and Paul Newman acted in.
Tips for playing Level 2 "The Entertainer":
This particular sheet music is arranged for Level 2 (very easy) players. Finally, there is a fuller sounding of "The Entertainer" that you can play without moving the hand position at all for the entire song. It has only 1 position. After you download it, please locate the hand position on the tutorial page. However, unlike Level 1 "The Entertainer," in Level 2 "The Entertainer," both hands are quite busy, and it requires a lot of right-hand and left-hand coordination since you will be playing a lot of background harmonic notes as well as melody. It also has a lot of sharps, flats, and naturals. Please also refer to the tutorial page to see where those black keys are and with which fingers. Fingering numbers are provided on all notes on the music score. So, you may take advantage of them to easily coordinate right-hand and left-hand. Please remember that the flat, sharp and natural signs are located on the left side of a note, not on the right side. Please notice that In this arrangement, both clefs are written in the treble clef.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the composer, Scott Joplin who wrote "The Entertainer," please visit our page, "About Scott Joplin."
- To find more piano sheet music for other ragtime songs, please visit our collection page, "Ragtime."
- This Scott Joplin's composition, "The Entertainer," appears in the film, The Sting (1973 Academy Award)