Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Trepak" (also known as "Russian Dance")
- From the ballet, The Nutcracker
- Composer: Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 1: beginners (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Hand positions & brief tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: on all the notes
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger & music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00491
About "Trepak" (Russian Dance):
"Trepak" (also known as "Russian Dance") is from an orchestral work for the ballet suite, The Nutcracker composed by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 – 1893) from the romantic era. "Trepak" is an upbeat piece and is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 1 "Trepak" from The Nutcraker":
This particular arrangement of "Trepak" is at Level 1 (beginner's level). You can stay in one hand-position for the entire piece. After you download it, please locate the hand-position on the tutorial page. The fingering numbers are provided on all the notes. There is only one black key that you need to play on F sharp (F#) which happens several times in the arrangement. When you see a sharp sign on the left side of a note, please go to the nearby black key which is also pictured on the tutorial page. The original key was written in the key of G major by Tchaikovsky. However, this arrangement is written in the key of C major to accommodate beginners.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet) & Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- You may also like these piano sheet music: