Overview of this digital piano sheet music:
- "Trepak" (also known as "Russian Dance")
- From the ballet, The Nutcracker
- Composer: Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Level 2: very easy (See other levels of this song)
- 3 pages of music
- Hand positions and brief tutorial page
- Cover sheet
- Key (for this arrangement): C major
- Fingerings: Some of them provided.
- Instrumentation: For piano solo
- Complete audio sample: Always free to listen to on our website
- Downloading file: PDF
- Arranger and music editor: Mizue Murakami
- Publisher: Galaxy Music Notes
- Product code: GMNS00492
About "Trepak" (Russian Dance):
"Trepak" (also known as "Russian Dance") is from an orchestral work for the ballet suite, The Nutcracker composed by a Russian composer, Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840 – 1893) from the romantic era. "Trepak" is an upbeat piece and is very popular in The U. S. A. during the Christmas season.
Tips for playing Level 2 "Trepak" from The Nutcraker":
This particular arrangement of "Trepak" is at a very easy level (Level 2). You can stay in one hand-position for the entire piece. After you download it, please locate the hand-position on the tutorial page. Some fingerings are provided. You do need to play 2 black keys in this arrangement. When you see a sharp sign (#), please go to nearby black keys which are pictured on the tutorial page. You'll be playing melody notes and harmonic notes in this arrangement. Therefore, it requires a lot more coordination with right and left hands and different fingers than Level 1 "Trepak." Please follow the staccato signs and do crispy staccato to make this piece sound effortlessly bouncy just like the dancers jump during the ballet so effortlessly. The original key was written in the key of G major. However, this arrangement is written in the key of C major to accommodate piano players at level 2.
Download, Print (or see it on your tablet), and Practice!
This product is a digital download. After you purchase it, you will be downloading a PDF file. You should be able to download it to your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet if they are connected to the internet. You'll also receive a download link via email. You may download it later when it's convenient. After you download it, please print it out or see it on your tablet for your use. And most importantly, PRACTICE!
If you have a difficulty downloading a PDF file, you may need to upgrade or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe Acrobat Reader to download the newest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You may also like:
- To learn more about the story behind The Nutcracker and its composer, Tchaikovsky, please visit our pages, "About The Nutcracker" and "About Pyotr Tchaikovsky."
- You may also like these piano sheet music: